- Hello, and welcome back! I am so excited to talk to you more, about Jesus Christ! I would like you to study with me, the book of Hebrews. Most people think of Hebrews 11, ” The Hall Of Faith”, where example, after example is written of men, and women who had faith. But, today we will look at the old and new covenant. First, let’s begin by reading Hebrews chapter 1. In the “temporal” or old covenant, God, in times past spoke through the Prophets. In these last days, he speaks through Jesus Christ (A new and superior covenant). Let’s take a look at Jesus:
- He is the only one that can purge (cleanse, get rid of) our sins (through His blood on the cross).
- He is the only one that has sat down at the right hand of God (After His work was finished on the cross).
- Jesus is even better than the angels.
- He is described as ‘God the Father’s begotten Son”.
- In verse 6, Jesus is also described as “The first begotten”, being someone that was worshiped by ANGELS!
- In verse 7, we see that angels are different. They are MINISTERING SPIRITS. In verses 8-12, Jesus is compared to angels, in that, God has never told angels to “Sit on His right hand, until He makes their enemies their foot stool”. BUT, He HAS told Jesus this. Let’s look at verse 14, which says angels are ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation! Exciting isn’t it! So, if we just stopped at chapter ONE in HEBREWS, we would have learned a lot of important information so far! We learned WHO Jesus is (His importance), especially when comparing Him to “The Prophets in old times”, and “To Angels”.
It get’s even better in Chapter 2 of Hebrews. Join me next time, as we continue our study in Hebrews, “The Old Covenant Verses The New Covenant”! Thanks,& God bless! Let’s learn together! I am a Pupil here as well! Drop me a comment, or share something in your heart about our study so far.
Til next time, Shalom (peace),